Today’s environment is one of heightened security concerns and it is critical that we manage access to our campus systems to ensure the safety and integrity of the data in these systems. The Staff Access Management Form process was implemented in spring 2005, and is used to manage access to various systems on campus.
The Access Management Form has three primary functions:
- To grant system access to new staff. This is a multi-step process:
- Human Resources enters new employee hire information into EIS, our Human Resources system, which results in the automatic generation of the employee’s unix (email) and Novell accounts.
- The hiring manager completes the Access Management Form to request access to the systems the employee needs to perform their job responsibilities.
- An automatic email is generated from the Access Management Form to departmental access management administrators, who are responsible for maintaining security for each of the systems included on the form.
- The departmental access management administrators contact the hiring manager to obtain more specific requirements and setup the new employee’s security profile in their respective systems.
- To change system access for employees that have taken on new roles, either in their current department or another department. This usually occurs with internal transfers or reorganizations. The hiring manager or supervisor is responsible for completing the Access Management Form to request the necessary security changes (additions and deletions) for staff in their departments.
- To remove system access when staff leave The College. Human Resources is responsible for completing the Access Management Form when staff leave The College. It is the responsibility of the departmental access management administrators to act upon this information in a timely manner.
Note: The Access Management Form is a mechanism for removing system access for staff who have been terminated or have resigned. The process does not handle the return of college assets. It is the supervisor’s responsibility to insure all college assets are returned to The College before an employee leaves (keys, cell phones, computers, etc.).
The systems included in the Access Management Form are:
- EIS (Employee Information System)
- Content Manager
- CMS (Conversational Monitoring System)
- Financial Web Reports
- Financial System
- SIS (Student Information System)
- Raiser’s Edge
- T-2 (Parking System)
Requests for security changes for these systems will only be handled through the Access Management Form. Also located on the HR web site under “Policies and Procedures”